June 6, 2014 by Omar Sohail,
IP telephony, or Internet Protocol telephony is a term used by businesses that use the Internet Protocol in order to send packet data across connections to make communications such as voice, fax and other mediums of communication possible. Previously, information was sent over the dedicated circuit-switched connections of the public switched telephone network (PSTN). Now, through the extensive use of the internet; calls, fax, and other forms of communication can travel as packets of data on shared lines, which help to avoid using the detrimental results of the PSTN.
What are SMBs?
SMBs stand for small or medium sized businesses. These organizations employ a limited number of personnel and work on a smaller scale as opposed to larger organizations. Sometimes, SMBs are subsidiary companies under a different name. Since SMBs are able to utilize smaller amount of space, thus reducing overall costs and are able to hire a higher amount of employees (more SMBs in number compared to larger organizations) for the sake of increasing the level of productivity, these form of businesses are starting to be preferred over larger scale businesses. In the technological era, SMBs are also startup companies that are able to drive business by bringing out products that deliver innovation and flexibility.
Where is IP Telephony used?
IP Telephony is used in a variety of small and medium sized businesses that focus on smaller form of operations compared to larger organizations. Primarily, businesses that focus on the following driving factors to generate revenue are the ones that adopt the IP Telephony system:
- Lower equipment administration costs
- Centralized network control and management
- Increased communications capabilities and productivity for remote and mobile employees
- Increased customer satisfaction through the use of distributed call center applications
Specifically, businesses that stick to a very strict regime to communicate with one another, as well as maintaining communication with customers, clients and/or other small businesses use the IP Telephony system in order to reduce its costs substantially.
How does IP Telephony fit in SMBs business structure?
The two primary objectives of running a business are as follows:
- Generating revenue to increase profit
- Reducing costs to increase profit margin
Adopting an IP Telephony system can help to reduce costs and increase the level of efficiency in the organization. This is because on major occasions, employees of the organization will not be required to waste tremendous amounts on time tracking their co-workers and their progress when the IP Telephony system helps to aid them in that department. Furthermore, in an organization which facilitates customers by providing them a product or a service, customers will no doubt want to give their feedback or report a problem. IP Telephony helps to serve customers better by receiving their feedbacks and their complaints instantaneously without making them wait incessantly.
How can IP Telephony benefit the SMBs with their business communications?
There are several ways how IP Telephony can help SMBs with their business communications. They are given below:
- Combining multiple locations into a single system.
- Call anywhere in the world for a fraction of the usual cost. In addition, employees can dial any other VoIP extension within the office or to remote office extension without being charged for it.
- Small businesses can avoid purchasing expensive PBX hardware, thus reducing costs even further.
- Customer frustration level will be substantially reduced due to lower frequency of busy lines, which will help to increase customer satisfaction.
- Up to 40 simultaneous calls over a single connection can be made, while maintaining a robust voice quality.
In order to help businesses thrive, strengthen the channels of communication as well as reduce overall overheads to increase the profit margin of the organization, several investments are required to achieve the aforementioned results. With IP Telephony, business will be able to achieve this and more.
- Wavetel Atteding ITW 2015 - 6 May 2015
- Legacy PBX systems vs. Hosted PBX systems. A Comprehensive guide - 24 April 2015
- Scalability? Why is this term important for modern day businesses - 2 April 2015
- Wavetel’s guide of knowing everything about SIP Termination - 25 March 2015
- Capacity Middle East 2015 – How it went - 18 March 2015
- Wavetel’s guide of knowing everything about SIP Termination - 25th March 2015
- Capacity Middle East 2015 – How it went - 18th March 2015
- 3 features of Virtual Numbers - 13th March 2015
- Wavetel to attend Capacity Middle East 2015 - 6th March 2015
- 3 Reasons to upgrade your business communication - 3rd March 2015
- The Difference between Legacy phone Systems and Hosted PBX systems - 26th February 2015
- How legacy phone systems end up chewing up your organization’s bills - 20th February 2015
- GCCM 2015. How it Went - 18th February 2015
- Why businesses shouldn’t future proof their communication setup - 12th February 2015
- 4 reasons why legacy phone systems will cease to exist in the future - 10th February 2015
- Three reasons why Businesses need to switch to SIP Trunks - 4th February 2015
- How to get the best phone system with a limited budget? - 29th January 2015
- The real advantages of a reliable phone system in an office premise - 27th January 2015
- Is cloud hosted PBX the future of telephony systems? 3 facts that strongly agree - 22nd January 2015
- Wavetel attending GCCM London 2015 - 20th January 2015
- How can a better call management system increase your business' overall revenue - 19th January 2015
- Switching your business from ISDN to SIP made easy - 13th January 2015
- Benefits of PBX Systems in Harsh Weather - 8th January 2015
- Why switch your Business Phone system in the New Year? - 6th January 2015
- 3 massive SAVINGS that your business will make after switching to cloud hosted PBX in the New Year - 1st January 2015
- Four ways how Wavetel’s cloud hosted PBX systems upgrades security - 30th December 2014
- Importance of Cloud Based Telecoms during the Holiday Season - 23rd December 2014
- Smartwatches: the next worthy gadget in your hosted PBX environment - 18th December 2014
- Hosted PBX: Your one stop business communication setup for all businesses - 16th December 2014
- 5 reasons why you are better off upgrading to an IP PBX telephony system - 12th December 2014
- IP Phones VS. Regular PBX Phones: What business owners should know? - 9th December 2014
- What will 2015 hold for business owners and their communication setups? - 2nd December 2014
- How the ‘internet of things’ will transform business communication setups like cloud hosted PBX? - 27th November 2014
- How Cat 10 LTE smartphone modems will improve productivity in a cloud hosted PBX environment - 25th November 2014
- How a new wireless standard will bring improvements to an IP Phone setup? - 20th November 2014
- How Wave-tel’s cloud hosted PBX is beneficial for Estate Agencies? - 18th November 2014
- How a cloud hosted PBX can aid students and staff of an educational institute? - 13th November 2014
- Four ways how a hosted PBX setup in hospitals will spark productivity - 11th November 2014
- Three upcoming technologies that will improve hosted PBX performance of your business - 7th November 2014
- Virtual numbers: Benefits that you should know about - 6th November 2014
- Wavetel at Capacity Europe 2014 - 30th October 2014
- Large capacity hard drives’ advantages for cloud solutions - 28th October 2014
- 4 myths of Cloud Hosted PBX systems, debunked - 24th October 2014
- 5 myths of SIP Trunking, debunked - 23rd October 2014
- Wavetel SIP Trunking vs. Legacy ISDN: Which one should you keep? - 2nd October 2014
- Why cloud hosted PBX? Wavetel answers your question - 30th September 2014
- SIP Trunking and Unified communications: What does it mean for your business? - 26th September 2014
- New data transfer record show the future of Cloud Hosted Systems - 23rd September 2014
- Is your current communication setup compatible with your business requirements? - 18th September 2014
- How can a cloud hosted PBX system improve employee efficiency in an organization? - 16th September 2014
- How SIP Trunking balances work and leisure for your employees? - 11th September 2014
- 3 benefits of IP phones you never knew existed - 4th September 2014
- 3 ways cloud hosted PBX makes your office relocation process simpler - 2nd September 2014
- How Windows 9 is going to change how hosted PBX systems work? - 28th August 2014
- Combat enterprise cloud storage requirements: Seagate’s 8 & 10 TB hard drive - 26th August 2014
- How Wavetel plans to awe everyone at GITEX 2014 - 20th August 2014
- Want to become a Cloud Hosted PBX Reseller? Follow these steps - 12th August 2014
- 3 ways how an IP PBX setup will improve customer relationships - 7th August 2014
- How to reduce costs with SIP Trunking while your business is growing? - 5th August 2014
- 3 things you're doing wrong in a PBX business communication setup - 24th July 2014
- Cloud hosted PBX: 4 ways how not using it can ruin your business - 22nd July 2014
- Is IP PBX good value for money? - 17th July 2014
- 5 ways you're making a mistake by not switching from ISDN to SIP Trunking - 15th July 2014
- Cloud hosted PBX systems’ biggest advantage: DISASTER RECOVERY - 10th July 2014
- 4 Ways How SIP Trunking aids Small and Medium Sized Businesses - 8th July 2014
- Some Cloud Hosted PBX Features to Upgrade Your Equipment - 3rd July 2014
- Features of PBX and why businesses should move to ISDN - 1st July 2014
- IP PBX telephony systems: why should you choose it? - 27th June 2014
- SIP Trunking: Why should your business switch over? - 25th June 2014
- PBX reseller: a comprehensive guide to your business communication setup - 20th June 2014
- How cloud hosted PBX support hotel business communication systems - 13th June 2014
- How can SMBs benefit from IP Telephony (IPPBX) in business communications? - 6th June 2014