June 13, 2014 by Omar Sohail,
What is a Cloud PBX?
A private branch exchange (more commonly known as a PBX) is a telephone exchange that is adopted in a particular business or even an office building. These PBXs are able to make their connections through the internal telephones of a business or organization and connect them to PSTNs, or public switched telephone network. The existence of a traditional hard wired PBX system has given rise to several augmentations in existing technology called cloud computing. Cloud computing has enabled advanced solutions, such as cloud hosted PBX solutions, which offer several advantages over the existing PBX solution.
What are the functionalities of a PBX phone system?
Currently, a PBX phone system offers the following functionalities in a phone system:
- Establishing connections between two or more users.
- Maintaining the connections as long as needed and at peak call quality.
- Disconnecting the connections without delay when the call has been completed when the users hang up.
- Providing information for accounting purposes.
Cloud hosted PBX systems, which are also called VoIP PBX systems, use Internet Protocol to carry out calls and build robust connections with the callers. Most modern PBXs support VoIP and a cloud hosted PBX system comprises of one or more VoIP enabled handsets of softphones, and an IP PBX. The phones, register with the IP PBX server, and when they make a call, the IP PBX is able to establish a rock solid connection. One perk of using a cloud hosted PBX systems is that it can be located on the customer’s premise, hosted by a VoIP service provider, or strengthen the establishment of a phone system.
Why a cloud hosted PBX is required in a hotel?
Since there are several chains of hotels carrying the same name around the globe, there are several reasons why such an organization would require a cloud hosted PBX system. These reasons have been listed below:
1. Overhead costs are cut down
Setting up a cloud hosted PBX system will remove the indirect costs that are incurred when the organization requires IT support to provide maintenance to existing hardware and software. Choosing a cloud-based PBX solution is a brilliant way of getting rid of these IT elements such as additional machines that consume more power and occupy more space. If such elements are removed from the equation, then more work projects and funds can be allocated to the business side of running an organization.
2. A Cloud hosted PBX system is accessible from anywhere
The insertion of flexibility is the reason why a cloud hosted PBX system is chosen in the first place. Furthermore, having a phone system that is not bound by any physical location will make things much easier for subsidiary and parent organizations. Everyone present in that organization will be accessing the same system from wherever they happen to be. In simple terms, users can transfer calls, engage in audio and video conferences with people present in a geographically different region with greater ease.
However, that is not the only reason why such a system is chosen. For any organization, the purging of important data can take place at any given time, which will make things extremely difficult when the taxation reviews or any other important reports are required from that particular office. That is where disaster planning and recovery comes in to play. A cloud hosted PBX system will be able to re-route calls to a different location in case one office is not accessible due to a security threat, breach or any other form of disaster.
3. Cloud hosted PBX systems can adapt to the organization size
Another benefit of using a cloud hosted PBX solution is that it will grow according to the size of the organization. This means that the office will only pay for what is required and nothing more.
There are several advantages of using a PBX system in an organization and there are even more perks of using a cloud hosted PBX system. For an organization that has multiple chains and offices like hotels, using a cloud hosted system is perhaps the most resourceful approach.
- Wavetel Atteding ITW 2015 - 6 May 2015
- Legacy PBX systems vs. Hosted PBX systems. A Comprehensive guide - 24 April 2015
- Scalability? Why is this term important for modern day businesses - 2 April 2015
- Wavetel’s guide of knowing everything about SIP Termination - 25 March 2015
- Capacity Middle East 2015 – How it went - 18 March 2015
- Wavetel’s guide of knowing everything about SIP Termination - 25th March 2015
- Capacity Middle East 2015 – How it went - 18th March 2015
- 3 features of Virtual Numbers - 13th March 2015
- Wavetel to attend Capacity Middle East 2015 - 6th March 2015
- 3 Reasons to upgrade your business communication - 3rd March 2015
- The Difference between Legacy phone Systems and Hosted PBX systems - 26th February 2015
- How legacy phone systems end up chewing up your organization’s bills - 20th February 2015
- GCCM 2015. How it Went - 18th February 2015
- Why businesses shouldn’t future proof their communication setup - 12th February 2015
- 4 reasons why legacy phone systems will cease to exist in the future - 10th February 2015
- Three reasons why Businesses need to switch to SIP Trunks - 4th February 2015
- How to get the best phone system with a limited budget? - 29th January 2015
- The real advantages of a reliable phone system in an office premise - 27th January 2015
- Is cloud hosted PBX the future of telephony systems? 3 facts that strongly agree - 22nd January 2015
- Wavetel attending GCCM London 2015 - 20th January 2015
- How can a better call management system increase your business' overall revenue - 19th January 2015
- Switching your business from ISDN to SIP made easy - 13th January 2015
- Benefits of PBX Systems in Harsh Weather - 8th January 2015
- Why switch your Business Phone system in the New Year? - 6th January 2015
- 3 massive SAVINGS that your business will make after switching to cloud hosted PBX in the New Year - 1st January 2015
- Four ways how Wavetel’s cloud hosted PBX systems upgrades security - 30th December 2014
- Importance of Cloud Based Telecoms during the Holiday Season - 23rd December 2014
- Smartwatches: the next worthy gadget in your hosted PBX environment - 18th December 2014
- Hosted PBX: Your one stop business communication setup for all businesses - 16th December 2014
- 5 reasons why you are better off upgrading to an IP PBX telephony system - 12th December 2014
- IP Phones VS. Regular PBX Phones: What business owners should know? - 9th December 2014
- What will 2015 hold for business owners and their communication setups? - 2nd December 2014
- How the ‘internet of things’ will transform business communication setups like cloud hosted PBX? - 27th November 2014
- How Cat 10 LTE smartphone modems will improve productivity in a cloud hosted PBX environment - 25th November 2014
- How a new wireless standard will bring improvements to an IP Phone setup? - 20th November 2014
- How Wave-tel’s cloud hosted PBX is beneficial for Estate Agencies? - 18th November 2014
- How a cloud hosted PBX can aid students and staff of an educational institute? - 13th November 2014
- Four ways how a hosted PBX setup in hospitals will spark productivity - 11th November 2014
- Three upcoming technologies that will improve hosted PBX performance of your business - 7th November 2014
- Virtual numbers: Benefits that you should know about - 6th November 2014
- Wavetel at Capacity Europe 2014 - 30th October 2014
- Large capacity hard drives’ advantages for cloud solutions - 28th October 2014
- 4 myths of Cloud Hosted PBX systems, debunked - 24th October 2014
- 5 myths of SIP Trunking, debunked - 23rd October 2014
- Wavetel SIP Trunking vs. Legacy ISDN: Which one should you keep? - 2nd October 2014
- Why cloud hosted PBX? Wavetel answers your question - 30th September 2014
- SIP Trunking and Unified communications: What does it mean for your business? - 26th September 2014
- New data transfer record show the future of Cloud Hosted Systems - 23rd September 2014
- Is your current communication setup compatible with your business requirements? - 18th September 2014
- How can a cloud hosted PBX system improve employee efficiency in an organization? - 16th September 2014
- How SIP Trunking balances work and leisure for your employees? - 11th September 2014
- 3 benefits of IP phones you never knew existed - 4th September 2014
- 3 ways cloud hosted PBX makes your office relocation process simpler - 2nd September 2014
- How Windows 9 is going to change how hosted PBX systems work? - 28th August 2014
- Combat enterprise cloud storage requirements: Seagate’s 8 & 10 TB hard drive - 26th August 2014
- How Wavetel plans to awe everyone at GITEX 2014 - 20th August 2014
- Want to become a Cloud Hosted PBX Reseller? Follow these steps - 12th August 2014
- 3 ways how an IP PBX setup will improve customer relationships - 7th August 2014
- How to reduce costs with SIP Trunking while your business is growing? - 5th August 2014
- 3 things you're doing wrong in a PBX business communication setup - 24th July 2014
- Cloud hosted PBX: 4 ways how not using it can ruin your business - 22nd July 2014
- Is IP PBX good value for money? - 17th July 2014
- 5 ways you're making a mistake by not switching from ISDN to SIP Trunking - 15th July 2014
- Cloud hosted PBX systems’ biggest advantage: DISASTER RECOVERY - 10th July 2014
- 4 Ways How SIP Trunking aids Small and Medium Sized Businesses - 8th July 2014
- Some Cloud Hosted PBX Features to Upgrade Your Equipment - 3rd July 2014
- Features of PBX and why businesses should move to ISDN - 1st July 2014
- IP PBX telephony systems: why should you choose it? - 27th June 2014
- SIP Trunking: Why should your business switch over? - 25th June 2014
- PBX reseller: a comprehensive guide to your business communication setup - 20th June 2014
- How cloud hosted PBX support hotel business communication systems - 13th June 2014
- How can SMBs benefit from IP Telephony (IPPBX) in business communications? - 6th June 2014