September 26, 2014 by Omar Sohail,
The term ‘unified communications’ might be known to a few people, but it being a feature of SIP Trunking can take your business to new heights.
While SIP Trunking holds an abounding number of features for the supplementation of businesses that are in need of improving their communication setups, there is another feature that allows SIP Trunking to be placed in the highest stratum of a business communication setup. That feature is known as unified communications. The term ‘unified communications’ might be branded as arcane, but its benefits will serve you better than the doubts that you are currently embroiled in.
What is meant by unified communications?
To understand the capabilities of SIP Trunking setups, you must first become knowledgeable on what is a unified communication setup. Unified communications is the integration of real-time communication services such as instant messaging, information, telephone services, video conferencing, desktop sharing, data sharing, call control and speech recognition with non-real-time communication services such as unified messaging. In a nut shell, it means that each and every single employee present in the premise will be able to enjoy all forms of communications on every single computer and platform without the need for additional equipment (such as renting a different line for the facilitation of each communication).
What does unified communications mean for previous technologies?
Even though SIP Trunks are new compared to previous forms of communication setups, its standards have evolving greatly in order to provide additional flexibility to small and medium sized businesses. As far as previous communication setups are concerned; overtime, several business owners will be inclined to make the switch over to SIP Trunks thanks to the cost savings feature and flexibility that comes along with SIP Trunks. The unified communications industry will be looking at a boom in the foreseeable future. Since business communication setups have already migrated their systems to SIP Trunks, total revenue; including products and services have shot up to $39.7 billion in 2013.
How will unified communications aid the business sector?
The combination of SIP Trunking and unified communications will provide you and your business with the following benefits.
1. Superior voice and video calling performance
Improved communication performance through voice and video channels will enable the productivity of businesses to improve the up-gradation of the quality of service between business personnel and customers.
2. Plug and play technology
SIP Trunks come with ‘plug and play’ configuration, negating the need to hire additional labor in order to setup up the entire system on the premises through an adept individual. In addition, running the software is extremely simple as it only requires a layman’s knowledge of how to operate it.
3. Improved efficiency
SIP Trunks and unified communications will improve overall efficiency within an organization. This is because employees will seamlessly be able to use a single channel to employ the use of several communication mediums in order to get things done. In addition, a SIP Trunk setup is extremely fast, allowing employees to do research, complete tasks and tend to customers in record time.
Since SIP Trunking features unified communications, it means that all communications will be available on all forms platforms, regardless if those platforms are wireless or wired. Having a unified communications setup will aid smartphones users as they will be able to maintain communications in the premises without being stuck to a single place.
SIP Trunking and unified communications provide unrestricted flexibility to businesses and employees. The availability of all forms of communications on all platforms will most definitely improve overall efficiency and enhance customer satisfaction to a whole new position.
- Wavetel Atteding ITW 2015 - 6 May 2015
- Legacy PBX systems vs. Hosted PBX systems. A Comprehensive guide - 24 April 2015
- Scalability? Why is this term important for modern day businesses - 2 April 2015
- Wavetel’s guide of knowing everything about SIP Termination - 25 March 2015
- Capacity Middle East 2015 – How it went - 18 March 2015
- Wavetel’s guide of knowing everything about SIP Termination - 25th March 2015
- Capacity Middle East 2015 – How it went - 18th March 2015
- 3 features of Virtual Numbers - 13th March 2015
- Wavetel to attend Capacity Middle East 2015 - 6th March 2015
- 3 Reasons to upgrade your business communication - 3rd March 2015
- The Difference between Legacy phone Systems and Hosted PBX systems - 26th February 2015
- How legacy phone systems end up chewing up your organization’s bills - 20th February 2015
- GCCM 2015. How it Went - 18th February 2015
- Why businesses shouldn’t future proof their communication setup - 12th February 2015
- 4 reasons why legacy phone systems will cease to exist in the future - 10th February 2015
- Three reasons why Businesses need to switch to SIP Trunks - 4th February 2015
- How to get the best phone system with a limited budget? - 29th January 2015
- The real advantages of a reliable phone system in an office premise - 27th January 2015
- Is cloud hosted PBX the future of telephony systems? 3 facts that strongly agree - 22nd January 2015
- Wavetel attending GCCM London 2015 - 20th January 2015
- How can a better call management system increase your business' overall revenue - 19th January 2015
- Switching your business from ISDN to SIP made easy - 13th January 2015
- Benefits of PBX Systems in Harsh Weather - 8th January 2015
- Why switch your Business Phone system in the New Year? - 6th January 2015
- 3 massive SAVINGS that your business will make after switching to cloud hosted PBX in the New Year - 1st January 2015
- Four ways how Wavetel’s cloud hosted PBX systems upgrades security - 30th December 2014
- Importance of Cloud Based Telecoms during the Holiday Season - 23rd December 2014
- Smartwatches: the next worthy gadget in your hosted PBX environment - 18th December 2014
- Hosted PBX: Your one stop business communication setup for all businesses - 16th December 2014
- 5 reasons why you are better off upgrading to an IP PBX telephony system - 12th December 2014
- IP Phones VS. Regular PBX Phones: What business owners should know? - 9th December 2014
- What will 2015 hold for business owners and their communication setups? - 2nd December 2014
- How the ‘internet of things’ will transform business communication setups like cloud hosted PBX? - 27th November 2014
- How Cat 10 LTE smartphone modems will improve productivity in a cloud hosted PBX environment - 25th November 2014
- How a new wireless standard will bring improvements to an IP Phone setup? - 20th November 2014
- How Wave-tel’s cloud hosted PBX is beneficial for Estate Agencies? - 18th November 2014
- How a cloud hosted PBX can aid students and staff of an educational institute? - 13th November 2014
- Four ways how a hosted PBX setup in hospitals will spark productivity - 11th November 2014
- Three upcoming technologies that will improve hosted PBX performance of your business - 7th November 2014
- Virtual numbers: Benefits that you should know about - 6th November 2014
- Wavetel at Capacity Europe 2014 - 30th October 2014
- Large capacity hard drives’ advantages for cloud solutions - 28th October 2014
- 4 myths of Cloud Hosted PBX systems, debunked - 24th October 2014
- 5 myths of SIP Trunking, debunked - 23rd October 2014
- Wavetel SIP Trunking vs. Legacy ISDN: Which one should you keep? - 2nd October 2014
- Why cloud hosted PBX? Wavetel answers your question - 30th September 2014
- SIP Trunking and Unified communications: What does it mean for your business? - 26th September 2014
- New data transfer record show the future of Cloud Hosted Systems - 23rd September 2014
- Is your current communication setup compatible with your business requirements? - 18th September 2014
- How can a cloud hosted PBX system improve employee efficiency in an organization? - 16th September 2014
- How SIP Trunking balances work and leisure for your employees? - 11th September 2014
- 3 benefits of IP phones you never knew existed - 4th September 2014
- 3 ways cloud hosted PBX makes your office relocation process simpler - 2nd September 2014
- How Windows 9 is going to change how hosted PBX systems work? - 28th August 2014
- Combat enterprise cloud storage requirements: Seagate’s 8 & 10 TB hard drive - 26th August 2014
- How Wavetel plans to awe everyone at GITEX 2014 - 20th August 2014
- Want to become a Cloud Hosted PBX Reseller? Follow these steps - 12th August 2014
- 3 ways how an IP PBX setup will improve customer relationships - 7th August 2014
- How to reduce costs with SIP Trunking while your business is growing? - 5th August 2014
- 3 things you're doing wrong in a PBX business communication setup - 24th July 2014
- Cloud hosted PBX: 4 ways how not using it can ruin your business - 22nd July 2014
- Is IP PBX good value for money? - 17th July 2014
- 5 ways you're making a mistake by not switching from ISDN to SIP Trunking - 15th July 2014
- Cloud hosted PBX systems’ biggest advantage: DISASTER RECOVERY - 10th July 2014
- 4 Ways How SIP Trunking aids Small and Medium Sized Businesses - 8th July 2014
- Some Cloud Hosted PBX Features to Upgrade Your Equipment - 3rd July 2014
- Features of PBX and why businesses should move to ISDN - 1st July 2014
- IP PBX telephony systems: why should you choose it? - 27th June 2014
- SIP Trunking: Why should your business switch over? - 25th June 2014
- PBX reseller: a comprehensive guide to your business communication setup - 20th June 2014
- How cloud hosted PBX support hotel business communication systems - 13th June 2014
- How can SMBs benefit from IP Telephony (IPPBX) in business communications? - 6th June 2014