March 25, 2015 by Omar Sohail,
The adoption of VoIP is slowly proliferating in popularity thanks to the level of flexibility that it brings for thousands of business owners and regular users alike. In the telecom market, several TELCO companies, if not all, offer their services that are based on VoIP.
These TELCO companies also provide a SIP termination and SIP origination service. For the remainder of the guide, you will be debriefed about everything that needs to be known about SIP termination. Here is Wavetel’s guide on SIP termination.
What is SIP termination?
For the most part, SIP termination is a service that allows you to use VoIP technology in order to make outgoing voice calls to external phone networks around the world. This will include PSTN phone numbers as well as mobile cellular operators.
The tariff for these outgoing calls (in technical terms, this will be known as a SIP termination service) will vary from one VoIP provider to the other, so we are certain that you would do well to dot down the major TELCO companies in your vicinity that provide SIP termination and note down their outgoing call rates.
Additionally, calling rates will also vary depending on the following factors:
- Mobile operator
One of the reasons why SIP termination is becoming a popular service in the professional world is because of its ability to provide a wide array of communication mediums without incurring additional expenses.
When talking about its service to communicate on a broader level, SIP termination provides features such as:
- Video conferencing
- Voice calls
- Streaming media
- Instant messaging
- Playing online games
The aforementioned services being offering by SIP termination allows small and medium sized businesses to take complete advantage in terms of expanding their communications with other businesses and clients.
What is the difference between SIP Termination and SIP Origination?
Unlike SIP termination, which is often referred to as outbound calling, SIP origination (or inbound calling) is a service that allows users to receive incoming calls to a VoIP device (the VoIP devices can range from soft-phones, IP phones or even IP-PBX). In majority of the cases, numbers can be dialed from any PSTN or mobile phone and the call will instantaneously be forwarded to your SIP user or IP address, and as a result, you will comfortably be able to answer that call via VoIP phone or SIP device. An example will provide a better understanding on how this works.
Suppose that your office is currently present in the UK, but your clientele is residing in the United States. In order to get cheap rates on both sides, SIP termination and origination services are used to facilitate this process, hence bringing a call from a VoIP device to another VoIP device (or any communication medium) at any location in the globe.
As stated before, SIP termination is used to allow users to make calls to any part of the globe. The service happens to be thoroughly inexpensive and reliable, and provides the perfect communication environment for any business looking to make healthy relationships with different clients.
Wavetel is a leading wholesale VoIP provider and can provide local SIP termination for UK and other worldwide destinations. Contact Wavetel for further details.
- Wavetel Atteding ITW 2015 - 6 May 2015
- Legacy PBX systems vs. Hosted PBX systems. A Comprehensive guide - 24 April 2015
- Scalability? Why is this term important for modern day businesses - 2 April 2015
- Wavetel’s guide of knowing everything about SIP Termination - 25 March 2015
- Capacity Middle East 2015 – How it went - 18 March 2015
- Wavetel’s guide of knowing everything about SIP Termination - 25th March 2015
- Capacity Middle East 2015 – How it went - 18th March 2015
- 3 features of Virtual Numbers - 13th March 2015
- Wavetel to attend Capacity Middle East 2015 - 6th March 2015
- 3 Reasons to upgrade your business communication - 3rd March 2015
- The Difference between Legacy phone Systems and Hosted PBX systems - 26th February 2015
- How legacy phone systems end up chewing up your organization’s bills - 20th February 2015
- GCCM 2015. How it Went - 18th February 2015
- Why businesses shouldn’t future proof their communication setup - 12th February 2015
- 4 reasons why legacy phone systems will cease to exist in the future - 10th February 2015
- Three reasons why Businesses need to switch to SIP Trunks - 4th February 2015
- How to get the best phone system with a limited budget? - 29th January 2015
- The real advantages of a reliable phone system in an office premise - 27th January 2015
- Is cloud hosted PBX the future of telephony systems? 3 facts that strongly agree - 22nd January 2015
- Wavetel attending GCCM London 2015 - 20th January 2015
- How can a better call management system increase your business' overall revenue - 19th January 2015
- Switching your business from ISDN to SIP made easy - 13th January 2015
- Benefits of PBX Systems in Harsh Weather - 8th January 2015
- Why switch your Business Phone system in the New Year? - 6th January 2015
- 3 massive SAVINGS that your business will make after switching to cloud hosted PBX in the New Year - 1st January 2015
- Four ways how Wavetel’s cloud hosted PBX systems upgrades security - 30th December 2014
- Importance of Cloud Based Telecoms during the Holiday Season - 23rd December 2014
- Smartwatches: the next worthy gadget in your hosted PBX environment - 18th December 2014
- Hosted PBX: Your one stop business communication setup for all businesses - 16th December 2014
- 5 reasons why you are better off upgrading to an IP PBX telephony system - 12th December 2014
- IP Phones VS. Regular PBX Phones: What business owners should know? - 9th December 2014
- What will 2015 hold for business owners and their communication setups? - 2nd December 2014
- How the ‘internet of things’ will transform business communication setups like cloud hosted PBX? - 27th November 2014
- How Cat 10 LTE smartphone modems will improve productivity in a cloud hosted PBX environment - 25th November 2014
- How a new wireless standard will bring improvements to an IP Phone setup? - 20th November 2014
- How Wave-tel’s cloud hosted PBX is beneficial for Estate Agencies? - 18th November 2014
- How a cloud hosted PBX can aid students and staff of an educational institute? - 13th November 2014
- Four ways how a hosted PBX setup in hospitals will spark productivity - 11th November 2014
- Three upcoming technologies that will improve hosted PBX performance of your business - 7th November 2014
- Virtual numbers: Benefits that you should know about - 6th November 2014
- Wavetel at Capacity Europe 2014 - 30th October 2014
- Large capacity hard drives’ advantages for cloud solutions - 28th October 2014
- 4 myths of Cloud Hosted PBX systems, debunked - 24th October 2014
- 5 myths of SIP Trunking, debunked - 23rd October 2014
- Wavetel SIP Trunking vs. Legacy ISDN: Which one should you keep? - 2nd October 2014
- Why cloud hosted PBX? Wavetel answers your question - 30th September 2014
- SIP Trunking and Unified communications: What does it mean for your business? - 26th September 2014
- New data transfer record show the future of Cloud Hosted Systems - 23rd September 2014
- Is your current communication setup compatible with your business requirements? - 18th September 2014
- How can a cloud hosted PBX system improve employee efficiency in an organization? - 16th September 2014
- How SIP Trunking balances work and leisure for your employees? - 11th September 2014
- 3 benefits of IP phones you never knew existed - 4th September 2014
- 3 ways cloud hosted PBX makes your office relocation process simpler - 2nd September 2014
- How Windows 9 is going to change how hosted PBX systems work? - 28th August 2014
- Combat enterprise cloud storage requirements: Seagate’s 8 & 10 TB hard drive - 26th August 2014
- How Wavetel plans to awe everyone at GITEX 2014 - 20th August 2014
- Want to become a Cloud Hosted PBX Reseller? Follow these steps - 12th August 2014
- 3 ways how an IP PBX setup will improve customer relationships - 7th August 2014
- How to reduce costs with SIP Trunking while your business is growing? - 5th August 2014
- 3 things you're doing wrong in a PBX business communication setup - 24th July 2014
- Cloud hosted PBX: 4 ways how not using it can ruin your business - 22nd July 2014
- Is IP PBX good value for money? - 17th July 2014
- 5 ways you're making a mistake by not switching from ISDN to SIP Trunking - 15th July 2014
- Cloud hosted PBX systems’ biggest advantage: DISASTER RECOVERY - 10th July 2014
- 4 Ways How SIP Trunking aids Small and Medium Sized Businesses - 8th July 2014
- Some Cloud Hosted PBX Features to Upgrade Your Equipment - 3rd July 2014
- Features of PBX and why businesses should move to ISDN - 1st July 2014
- IP PBX telephony systems: why should you choose it? - 27th June 2014
- SIP Trunking: Why should your business switch over? - 25th June 2014
- PBX reseller: a comprehensive guide to your business communication setup - 20th June 2014
- How cloud hosted PBX support hotel business communication systems - 13th June 2014
- How can SMBs benefit from IP Telephony (IPPBX) in business communications? - 6th June 2014